Hours of Operation
Tues & Wed 10:00 - 4:30 and Thurs. by Appointment Only
Monday and Friday CLOSED
Please e-mail email@example.com with questions outside normal business hours.
Call the office before visiting to make sure that the office is staffed, as staff may be away from the office performing site visits.
The Conservation Commission is a volunteer board comprised of seven members who are appointed by the Board of Selectmen. The Commission has the statutory responsibility of administering the Wetlands Protection Act (General Laws Chapter 131, Section 40), Article XXX of the Town of Holliston Bylaws, and other relevant laws, including the Rivers Protection Act. The Commission manages approximately 1,019 acres of land, donated or purchased for conservation and/or wetland protection purposes.
Holliston's Wetlands Bylaw, Article XXX, and its Regulations protect Holliston's natural assets, including wetlands, related water resources, and certain adjoining upland areas, by providing for prior review and control of activities deemed to have a significant or cumulative adverse effect upon protected resource values. Activities within 100 feet of a wetland or 200 feet of a stream or vernal pool are subject to protection under the Bylaw. Protected resources include, but are not limited to:
- public and private water and ground water supplies and quality,
- wildlife habitat, including vernal pools and rare species habitat (including rare plant species),
- adjacent "upland resource areas" (as defined in the Regulations),
- floodplains (which help to prevent storm damage), and
- open space and recreation areas.
The Conservation Associates is a volunteer group of concerned citizens who provide conservation land maintenance and conservation education support to the Commission; their support is greatly appreciated by the Commission. For more information about the Conservation Associates, including Holliston Conservation land trail maps.
|Sheri D. O'Brien||Conservation Agent|
|Ann Marie Pilch|
|Allen Rutberg Ph.D.|
- ALERT: Asian Long-Horned Beetle & Emerald Ash Borer
- ConCom Agenda-Town Calendar
- Conservation Land Maps
- Critter Corner
- Forms & Brochures
- HEARING DATES & APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Holliston's Beaver Management Plan
- Map of Adams Street Conservation Land
- Open Space and Rec Plan Update 2013-2020
- Polices and Procedures
- REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- Related Links